Asians Eat Weird Things (Drop City Yacht Club's Crickets MV Cover)


Hey folks, I found this video when I was Youtube-ing [ xD ]. It's actually a MV for Drop City Yacht Club's Crickets song cover but I guess it's more like a just-for-fun-work promotion video for Asian foods and drinks which are mostly known weird, and perhaps for the T-Shirt and the Asian Market in the video as well.

Made by FungBrosComedy (David and Andrew) featuring AJ Rafael, I like the concept of the MV so much and the way they sing as well. If I could make my own lyric for the song, I'd add Indonesian Jengkol, Pete, and Tutut for the menu. You all can say it's crazy but for me it's totally tasty. :DD






So, I told her like ooooh baby
I know that it looks crazy 
but actually it's tasty

I'm talkin' about food 
Me and my friends eat weird things unlike you 
Pardon my culture it's just how we do!
I know that it sounds crazy 
But it's okay I'm Asian 

I'm like "Girl whatcha eatin for today?"
Put that bread down, lets go and run away 
Cuz I'm Asian, I don't know if you could tell 
I eat a few things AppleBee's don't sell 
Ever had dim sum in the mornin' light? 
I know this chicken feet ain't lookin very nice 
But if you taste it, I know you'll really like 
Eat the skin but leave the bones aiighht? 
Look at me look at me eating tripe now 
Look at you look at you this is life now 
It's fresh, more organic than fast food 
You could say it looks a lot more natural
No this egg ain't hundred years old 
And no this cabbage ain't got no mold 
And I was hoping she would have a taste! 
She took one bite and just made a face  

 So, I told her like oh baby
You're so amazed by everything that I 
So, I told her like oh baby 
I know that it looks crazy 
But at least I know it's tasty!

I'm talkin' bout food 
We got different social norms than you 
Pardon my culture it's just how we do 
She said "I don't like this platter" 
I'd probably win fear factor!

Yeah, yeah, I said "Girl what ya eat during weekdays" 
She said  "salad and pasta each day"

But what about Asian food? 
You neva get the chance, cuz you never date Asian dudes!
She said, I liked the weird stuff growing up
But stopped in High School it wasn't cool enough 
Cuz you can't serve blood cubes at prom
And stinky tofu just sounds wrong 
Stop pretending, you don't like fermented
I admit the smell can be offensive
 But it tastes so good that you won't need another man 
Let the flavors take you back to the motherland
So I can take you back to my mother and
She can teach you how to cook without butter and
"What do you mean I'm being patriarchal?"

"Oh ok, I mean I can cook" 

So, I told her like oh baby
You'll be amazed by everything that I eat
  
So, I told her like oh baby
I know that it looks crazy 
But I'm telling you it's tasty

 It's balut
There's a duck embryo inside just look
Oh, oh. No offense to PETA but it's good
I told you it looks crazy 
But you know that it's so tasty!

From Manila to Hong Kong
Bangkok, Tokyo, Taiwan 
Seoul, Singapore, Saigon
Jakarta, Beijing, there's more 
Phnom Phen, Kuala Lumpur
Eat it up baby, it's raw 
And no, we ain't eatin no dogs

The most exotic it gets is frogs! 

So, I told her like oh baby
It's not amazing all the things that we eat 
So, I told her like oh baby
I know that it looks crazy
 It's probably cuz we're Asian 

I'm talkin' bout food
We got different social norms than you 
Can't change my culture it's just how we do
She told me it looks crazy 
I said it's okay I'm Asian!

No comments:

Post a Comment