Durable Love Movie



"Dunia itu huge.. Dan cara terbaik untuk nikmatinnya adalah sebagai single. Gimana ga menyenangkan, gue bisa pay attention ke hal-hal yang gue demenin, dan gue bisa ngatur hidup gue dengan cara yang gue mau.."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The world is huge.. And the best way to enjoy it is by being single. What a best thing, I can pay attention to the things that I love and I can live my own life as the way I am.."

~

Well, at the first time I watched  this short movie on Youtube I was just interested to the backsong and then a girl's voice follows in a monologue as I write above. If you know, I actually don't really like such love story or something like that. Haha

But wait! I must confess that this short movie really means something to me. It successfully changed my thought and my world as well.. :D
Durable Love Movie is a short movie (about 11 minutes) and I think it's actually a campaign of the electronic products (a brand of notebook). The storyline is simple. It's about twenty-something year-old girl who thought herself independent but then she stuck up through a phase when she is "crazy" in love with the guy who works at a law firm.

See, the theme is simple, isn't it? But from it's simplicity, the movie is so different from the others. Moreover, some funny sitcoms were added to the movie and made me suddenly smile and laugh especially in some scenes at the cafe when the girl got bored as the boy is busy doing his works and ignores the girl who becomes mad and doing stupid things. Hahaha







Although it only runs for 11 minutes, Durable Love Story gives a new point of view about love. I really really want it to be made in a longer version because I think this is a love and comedy movie should be, unlike the other love or comedy-labeled movies with bad sensual and unimportant (gaje - ga jelas) scenes.. -_-"

The movie ends up with the girl's monologue with her different thought about love.


"Dunia itu, huge. Aku ngga bisa ngabisin sendiri. Makanya, aku pingin bagi sama kamu.."
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The world is huge. I can't even live it by myself, so I want to share it with you.."


Ok, that's the Durable Love Movie by Joko Anwar, a great, simple, nice, and funny short movie made by Indonesian's creative brain.. :D



Happy watching! 

No comments:

Post a Comment